Monday, March 9, 2009

H Is For Happy


It's time again For ABC Wednesday. If you aren't participating in ABC Wednesday, you are missing out on a lot of fun. This week the letter is"H". H is for happy. Each of the following photos shows someone who is happy and having a good time.

Having a Good Time
AUTUMN HAVING A GOOD TIME

I love to see happy children, especially my grand-daughters. Here Autumn was looking out of the window and I asked her to turn around so I could take her picture. She thought it was very funny to lean over backward as far as she could without falling over. Made a much cuter picture than if she had turned around.

Rebekah and Pooh Take A Bath
REBEKAH TAKES A BATH

Two of the things that Rebekah likes best are taking a bath and Winnie-the-Pooh. Taking a bath with Winnie-the-Pooh is about as much fun as a little girl can have.

Mardi Gras
GINA AND I AT MARDI GRAS

Gina and I are happy whenever we get to do something together. We love to travel, and to spend time with our family. Getting to go visit our grand-daughters and go to Mardi Gras at the same time makes us really happy.

Noogie Time
CYNDA AND GAVIN HAVING FUN

When Cynda and Gavin were growing up we had to keep them from fighting. Cynda says that we kept her from hitting Gavin, but when he hit her we would say "he's just little". Now they have a lot of fun when they get together. Here Cynda is very happy to be getting the upper hand.

San Pedro Carnival Kids
KIDS CELEBRATING CARNIVAL IN BELIZE

One of our favorite places to visit is Belize. We love the people of Belize, especially the kids. Most of them live in conditions we couldn't imagine here in the U.S. but they really know how to be happy and have fun. These kids were happy and having fun at Carnival.

Visiting with Rigoberto
VISITING WITH RIGOBERTO IN HIS HOME

One of the dearest friends I have made while visiting in Belize is Rigoberto Roches. I have been invited to his house on many occasions, and he and his wife Shirley were able to visit us in Arkansas last summer. Whenever I am with Rigoberto it makes me happy.

Johnny's Smile
JOHNNY HARVEY'S SMILE

John Harvey and I
JOHN HARVEY AND I

When Gina and I went to San Pedro Belize for the first time, the first people we met were John Harvey and his family. John loves to have a good time and always seems to have a smile on his face. Little Johnny takes after his dad, and has an infectious smile. As you can tell from the photo, John and I are happy when we get to see each other.

Relay For Life Is Fun

Working with Relay For Life is one of the things in life that makes me happy. Being a part of something that does so much good, and is so meaningful to so many people is very satisfying. You can tell from this photo that I am not the only one who is happy at Relay For Life.

Gimme A Kiss

This is a photo of a good friend of mine. He is best known as Buckaroo. If you are hanging out with Buckaroo, you probably have a smile on your face. Buckaroo does a lot of very serious work and is all about helping his fellowman, but he never lets serious things keep him from having a good time. The photo was taken on a cruise. The cruise photographer would go around from table to table with this guy dressed as a pirate. He would put his plastic sword to your throat, and then the photographer would take your picture. When he got to Buckaroo, well you can see what happened.

Laughing with girls at the Valle Hermoso Mexico Plaza
LAUGHTER ON THE PLAZA

This photo was taken by my good friend Nic. He is one of the happiest people I know. He loves to have a good time. He and I were in the Plaza at Valle Hermoso, Mexico inviting people to come to a revival meeting that we were putting on at the Valle Hermoso SDA Church. I don't speak Spanish, so Nic was my interpreter. When he invited these girls to come to church, they wanted their picture taken with the American. While he was taking the picture, he told them something that made them burst out laughing. Later I asked him what he had told them. He had told them that he was going to give the picture to my wife. The week that I spent with Nic doing the revival meetings in Valle Hermoso was a very happy week for me.

26 comments:

  1. Happiness is in short supply many places around the world. We have to enjoy every little piece we can get - and share it with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great smiles, on John Harvey and son, and on your grandkids. We need more smiles and more happiness in our world. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many happy photos - wonderful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me SO happy! LOVE the bathtub picture! LOVE Autumn laughing. She is such a little doll. I am glad you and your wife got to visit the grandkids. They are adorable! Your family makes me happy : ). I am so thankful I met you. I think that every time I come to this blog! I am especially happy about how much good you do by being a representative of Relay for Life. What a beautiful life you lead : ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. And your photos made me feel happy. Smiles are con

    MY ABC Wednesday post is at
    More of Me - EG
    tagious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such happy photos that they almost made me cry. Not with unhappiness but with the poignancy of what people can mean to one another. All of ones beyond the first few photos of grandchildren (who were undoubtedly happy that you were there taking the photo) are of poeple happy to be together. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful happy pictures! I especially like that first one of Autumn, but they are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too few haapy moments in life we should photograph them all. Perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww. Your pictures made me happy. And I'm having a tough day. So thank you so much for sharing so many smiles and so much laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smiling, happy people :) And happiness infect.

    By the way - you have a beautiful, happy family - say hello to them from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful friends, beautiful family and so much happiness! You can feel it! And your photos made me smile and feel happy, too! Thank you for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really can feel the happiness emitting from these beautiful photographs!
    A wonderful post!
    Mountain Retreat Photography

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love to see happy! These are wonderful photos and an enlightening narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOD!!! This is probably the most HAPPY post I have seen in the Internet!!!! THANK YOU!!! THIS IS REAL HAPPINESS (not the black image in my post... LOL)

    HAVE A REALLY REALLY HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happiness from so many places on the globe.. perfect! And H is of course also for hahaha and heeheehee! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very happy post indeed! Big smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your comment, but you should check the link on my today's first post ... LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much happiness! Thanks for spreading it. I got happy looking at the post.

    And thanks for your comment on mine, to which I replied: Richie, the modern translation (_The Message_) makes the Book of Esther even easier to read.

    ReplyDelete
  19. P.S. That's the version in the hyperlink in yesterday's Haman post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a post to cheer the dullest day! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful selection for the "H" ABC, Richard. I love the smileson all those happy people's faces.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAPPY was a good choice and the photos you have chosen are perfect.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post, Richies. "Happy" was an excellent choice for "H" and the photos bear that out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your pictures. You are definitely surrounded by happiness and wonderful times. Atumn is SO cute with her upside down pose. And I have to agree with Rebekah that Winney the Pooh is hands down my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete