Monday, March 23, 2009

No Flash Photography


This is my entry in a neat meme called I Heart Faces. Click on this button to check it out




The theme this week is No Flash. I like natural lighting, so this week should have lots of great photos.

Belizean Girl Plays in the Dump

While I was walking one morning in the San Pedrito area of Ambergris Caye in Belize I came upon this little girl playing beside her house. The area that her family lived in was very run down. The lot next to her house was used as a dump with all kinds of trash. To this little girl it was her own playground. I am always amazed by the resiliency of children. I have noticed many times that even in what we would consider terrible circumstances, children figure out a way to have fun.






Keeper Of The Flame

I really like this photo of my Daddy. One evening we had been burning a brush pile. He was watching the fire and making sure that no sparks escaped and started anything on fire. When I am watching a fire it is almost mesmerizing, and it looks like Daddy was mesmerized. I took the photo with just the light of the fire. It gives the photo a warm reddish glow. With the low light situation and a hand held shot, the photo isn't sharp, but but I feel that it adds to the warmth and naturalness of the shot.

11 comments:

  1. What great pictures! I love your dad's expression - and that little girl is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 great photos! I love that the Twilight promo made you think of me! I think of my bloggy friends alot during the day. It is amazing how friendships grow over the internet! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how both of your photos really tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful entries. I agree with your assessment of that little girl - aren't kids amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! The second one reminds me of a priest in a confessional! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! I love the stories behind the photos as well!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my heart warms and breaks for that sweet girl. Kids really are resilient. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - love that story and the look of joy on that little girl's face! And the firelight on your dad's face is fantastic. Very creative use of "natural light"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are so beautiful Rich! I love them! Very much. Dad's are the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a beautiful scene and mood you captured. You're lucky to have a Daddy. Fire is great for bringing out the dreamer in us.

    ReplyDelete