Monday, March 16, 2009

Shades Of Green


This is my entry in a neat meme called I Heart Faces. Click on this button to check it out




Because of Saint Patrick's Day, the theme for this weeks I love faces contest is "Green".

Big Sister Autumn 2

This photo of my grand-daughter Autumn was taken on the day that her little sister was born. She and I spent a lot of time walking the halls of the hospital. The hallways in the children's ward was painted as landscape scenery. I took this photo using the painted wall as a backdrop.





Fredy's Mom

This photo was taken in Valle Hermoso Mexico. I never learned her name, but I became friends with her son, Fredy. I knew her as Fredy's mom. Even though I couldn't talk with her I learned to respect her. She was a very hard working person. She was a single mom who supported her teenage son. I was doing a revival series at her church. Every afternoon she would come to the church and clean and mop the tile floor. She wanted the church to be clean before each meeting. One of the ways she supported her family was by operating a taqueria from the front porch of her house. One night after the services many of the people from the church went to her place and she spent the evening making tacos for everyone. This photo was taken while she was cooking on her front porch.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely faces -- both! Autumn is gorgeous in her pretty blue dress, and Fredy's mom has a smile that would make your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're grand daughter is her cute. I bet she is a great older sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie pie, and such a lovely lady. Both nice pictures, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shots. Your grand daughter is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your granddaughter is such a cutie! And love the story that goes with your adult shot. The color of that wall is so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color in both of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Little Autumn is such a pretty little girl! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bothe photos are wonderful. The adults entry is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That baby girl is beautiful. I want what Fredy's mom is cooking, I love Mexican food.
    You got some good captures for the Green.
    Here is mine
    TJ
    http://tjphotoexpressions.blogspot.com/2009/03/mini-road-trip.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the backdrop of the kids photo, very cool!

    ReplyDelete