Monday, May 11, 2009

Laughter


This is my entry in a neat meme called I Heart Faces. Click on this button to check it out



The theme this week is laughter. My granddaughter Autumn loves to laugh and have a good time. This photo was taken after a day of watching Mardi Gras parades earlier this year. She had enjoyed the day and was really keyed up. We were eating at the Zea Rotisserie & Grill in Metarie after the parades. I was trying to take a picture of Autumn and had asked her to turn around. She thought it was hilarious to just lean over backwards instead of turning around. I took her picture anyway, and it is one of my favorite photos of her.

Having a Good Time



We met this man while we were touring the Mayan ruins at Lamanai in Belize. He is a Belizean who has lived most of his life in the U.S. He was very friendly and loved having a good time. When I was about to take this photo he asked me if I had black and white film in the camera. I was just about to explain that it was a digital camera before I "got" the joke. We all had a good laugh.

Black and White

11 comments:

  1. I love those! Especially the man from Belize, he looks like he's having so much fun in his life! And your granddaughter... She's a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos!!! Oh, such laughter and smiles!!! Thanks...I needed that!!! :-) Blessings to you~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the upside down giggle girl! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first one, both are wonderful but that first one makes me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn is such a joyful little girl.
    And that man's joke was cute indeed. He has joy in his heart too that shows all over his countenance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter has a really good sense of humor!! So does this total stranger. How fun that they both shared it with you and that you could capture it for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reflection of your daughters laughter is awesome! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shot of your granddaughter!! She is too cute and the reflections makes the picture even better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laughter is a good thing! I can see why you like the photo of the upsidedown girl; precious!

    Your friend in Belize has a good sense of humor!

    Keep your powder dry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such happy photos! And a gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! Autumns laugh picture is so perfect. I never saw it! I love it. I still think of you and your town and pray every day! Hope things are getting better!

    ReplyDelete