Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Mesothelioma



Back in 2013, I was contacted by Cameron Von St. James. He came across An Arkie's Musings, and saw that fighting back against cancer was a priority here. He contacted me and offered to tell his story to my readers. We corresponded and he sent me his story. It is both compelling and informative.

I posted his story on An Arkie's Musings and then wrote a blog post that was an update on his story a few month later.

Not long ago I received an email from Virgil Anderson. He came across An Arkie's Musings because of the previous posts about Cameron and Heather St. James. He contacted me and asked if I would write a post highlighting www.mesothelioma.net


Virgil told a bit about himself. He said, "I was recently diagnosed with mesothelioma, which is a cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. From automotive to demolition work, I’ve had many jobs in my life that contributed to my exposure. On some jobs, the air was so thick with debris and asbestos you could taste it in your mouth.

When I was diagnosed with mesothelioma I needed immediate medical attention. Even though I contacted www.mesothelioma.net on a Sunday one of their patient advocates gave me a call back within minutes. They gave me a great deal of helpful information on doctors and resources available to me.

As a result of their website I am now being treated at the National Cancer Institute and the patient advocates have even provided me with financial assistance so I could afford a place to live during my cancer treatments. If I had not reached out to this website I would likely be homeless and more importantly in hospice waiting to die. These people gave me my only chance at survival."

If you or anyone you know is battling mesothelioma please check out the website at www.mesothelioma.net for great information of give them a call at 1-800-692-8608.





No comments:

Post a Comment