Friday, September 19, 2008

Wait

Sisters


I can hardly wait to see my granddaughters. Well, Cynda and Dave too. They are going to get here sometime late into the night. Anticipation is a great thing. Sometimes the anticipation for something is more exciting than the actual event. How many times have you waited for something, anticipated it, and yet the actual event was anti-climactic.

I am sure that seeing my grandkids will not be anti-climactic. How can I be so sure? Because it never has been before. I always have a wonderful time with them.

Another event I am waiting for is the return of Jesus. Paul wrote in Philippians 3:20,21 "Our homeland is in heaven, and we are eagerly waiting for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven. By his power to rule all things, he will change our humble bodies and make them like his own glorious body".

Tulip Azalea Fantasia

I know that the return of Jesus will not be anti-climactic. I eagerly anticipate his return. Just think of all the troubles and sorrows that will no longer be a part of your life if you are ready for his return. In Revelation 21:3,4 the Bible tells us that "God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever".

I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready for Jesus to come back today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautiful Grandchildren! Grandchildren are God's Gift and should be cherished!

    ReplyDelete