Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Oregon Coast



Every couple of years my wife and I travel to the Oregon Coast for her sibling's reunion. Her sister and brother-in-law provide us all a wonderful place to stay, great food, and transportation. Our condos sat on a bluff looking out over the ocean.



Every morning I enjoyed getting up early and walking along the beach as the day began. I love the sights and sounds of the ocean.







While we were at the coast, a winter storm blew in. The rocky Pacific coast had a special beauty as the power of the storm driven waves crashed ashore. The wind blew so hard that it was difficult to stand up but I didn't let the bad weather keep me from having a good time and taking photos.











My wife had a great time visiting with her family. None of us let a little bad weather dampen our spirits.









One of the most interesting and picturesque attractions in the part of the Oregon coast that we were visiting is the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. The lighthouse took several years to build and was first lit August 20, 1873. The lighthouse still functions and uses its original 1868 French-made lens which is visible 19 miles out to sea.









On our last day there we had a break in the weather. I got up early and drove a couple of miles up the coast from our condo to Siletz Bay where I knew that I would have an eastern view. I was hoping for a pretty sunrise and I wasn't disappointed.



I'm looking forward to my next visit to the Oregon coast.













1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos. Sound like a good time had by all. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete