Sunday, March 5, 2017

My First Book


For some time I have been thinking about publishing a book of the devotional articles that I write each week for The Mena Star. I have no delusions of grandeur and do not expect robust sales of a book that I might publish. Every avenue that I considered seemed too expensive. Although I was not expecting to make much money from such a book, I was not willing to take the chance on losing money.

Recently I looked into Kindle Direct Publishing. I was surprised to find out that I could publish a book with no out of pocket expense as long as I did my own editing and created my own cover. I completed work on my book this last Friday and uploaded it to Kindle. It was available on the Amazon website the next day.


I was pleased when my book became the #1 new release in the Seventh-day Adventist Christianity category. I hadn't told anyone, either family or friends, that I was working on this project. I had low expectations. I appreciate everyone who has taken a chance on me and purchased the book.

Click here to purchase An Arkie's Faith in paperback for 4.99 and the Kindle e-book version is available for 1.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment