I was tagged by El vigilante to complete this meme. The rules of this meme are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Here are six random things about me (that you may not know)
1. I have quite a collection of old Bibles and Bible pages dating to 1499
2. I have been married for 33 years to my best friend, who also was the only person I ever dated.
3. On our first date at Elitches Garden in Denver, Colorado I threw up on Gina, and she took me to her house so I could clean up and wash my clothes. We then returned to Elitches, but didn't ride anything other than the train.
4. The only place I have had a story published was a magazine that published the story after I had submitted it, but never told me. Someone saw the story and told me. I have no respect for the magazine.
5. I like to submit pictures to the San Pedro Daily. I read the San Pedro Daily just about every day.
6. I can't grow sideburns under any circumstances. I'm glad the 70's are over.
Click on the photo above to purchase my book, The Little Things. $3.58 for the paperback and $0.99 for the kindle version
I was born in 1956 in Madison, Tennessee, while my parents were attending Madison College. I grew up along the Front Range in Colorado, attending schools in Longmont, Brighton, Boulder and Loveland, Colorado. Two years after graduating from Campion Academy, I married my sweetheart, Regina. We lived in Loveland, Colorado for six years before moving to Mena in western Arkansas.
I love the people of Mena and the friendly easy going way of life here. I have owned and operated my own business since moving to Mena. I enjoy the natural beauty of western Arkansas and being out of doors.
My newspaper column in The Mena Star, An Arkie’s Faith, premiered on January 7, 2016. In March 2017, I published my first book, titled An Arkie's Faith, using articles from the column.