Tuesday, April 26, 2011

O Is For Old Photos

Down At The Creek

It's time again for ABC Wednesday. If you aren't participating in ABC Wednesday, you are missing out on a lot of fun.

This week the letter is O. O is for old photos. Recently we received a mysterious package in the mail. It was addressed to my wife. I asked her, "are you expecting a package." "No", she replied. When we opened it we found a lot of old photographs from the 80's. They were pictures that my father-in-law, Papa Ready, had taken or ones that we had sent him. As much as I love family photos, it was like a treasure chest for me.

With Papa Ready

We often invited Papa Ready to go along with us when we took a family vacation. Here the family is waiting somewhere, I don't remember where. I can tell you that it was taken in 1986.

Since last weekend was Easter, I was happy to get this picture of Cynda in her Easter Dress taken sometime in the early 80's

Easter Cynda

I was very excited to see these photos that I hadn't seen in years. There were a couple more great ones of Cynda, my little redhead, as a baby and a little girl.

Cynda's First Jack-O-Lantern

Relaxing Cynda

Sometime in the early 80's I did a custom paint job on Papa Ready's Dodge van. In the family photos there were some photos of the van after it was completed, and some photos taken while I was working on it.

Daddy's Van

Custom Paint

I will close with a family portrait from the early 80's and a snapshot that shows my wife with her sisters, mother and grandmother - Three Generations.

Family Portrait

Three Generations

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing off your family old time photos, wow they sure don't make Vans like they used to do, oh yeah the good old days indeed.

    I am sure one of my outrageous O's will put a smile on your face today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think old family photos are just delightful. The memories they evoke are to be cherished forever.
    Love your redheaded kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old photos tell such stories, especially when they're labeled on the back!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love old photos...Old photos of me show a young woman with dark aburn red hair....OH my, I love seeing your little redheads. One of our daughters got the red hair and a couple of the grandkids.

    What a treasure to receive that box of photos. Thanks for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a delicious surprise that must have been. I'm the keeper of the photos here and it's a delight when someone has time to look through an album or a special box of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely old photos!

    A Splash of Orange made my ABC this week, come and see. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete