Tuesday, April 26, 2011

O Is For Old Photos

Down At The Creek

It's time again for ABC Wednesday. If you aren't participating in ABC Wednesday, you are missing out on a lot of fun.

This week the letter is O. O is for old photos. Recently we received a mysterious package in the mail. It was addressed to my wife. I asked her, "are you expecting a package." "No", she replied. When we opened it we found a lot of old photographs from the 80's. They were pictures that my father-in-law, Papa Ready, had taken or ones that we had sent him. As much as I love family photos, it was like a treasure chest for me.

With Papa Ready

We often invited Papa Ready to go along with us when we took a family vacation. Here the family is waiting somewhere, I don't remember where. I can tell you that it was taken in 1986.

Since last weekend was Easter, I was happy to get this picture of Cynda in her Easter Dress taken sometime in the early 80's

Easter Cynda

I was very excited to see these photos that I hadn't seen in years. There were a couple more great ones of Cynda, my little redhead, as a baby and a little girl.

Cynda's First Jack-O-Lantern

Relaxing Cynda

Sometime in the early 80's I did a custom paint job on Papa Ready's Dodge van. In the family photos there were some photos of the van after it was completed, and some photos taken while I was working on it.

Daddy's Van

Custom Paint

I will close with a family portrait from the early 80's and a snapshot that shows my wife with her sisters, mother and grandmother - Three Generations.

Family Portrait

Three Generations

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing off your family old time photos, wow they sure don't make Vans like they used to do, oh yeah the good old days indeed.

    I am sure one of my outrageous O's will put a smile on your face today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think old family photos are just delightful. The memories they evoke are to be cherished forever.
    Love your redheaded kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great and you're right - they are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old photos tell such stories, especially when they're labeled on the back!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love old photos...Old photos of me show a young woman with dark aburn red hair....OH my, I love seeing your little redheads. One of our daughters got the red hair and a couple of the grandkids.

    What a treasure to receive that box of photos. Thanks for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a delicious surprise that must have been. I'm the keeper of the photos here and it's a delight when someone has time to look through an album or a special box of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely old photos!

    A Splash of Orange made my ABC this week, come and see. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am getting addicted with this blogging hobby, I get to see beautiful places and learn interesting things. Very nice O you have here..

    Mind lOOking at my O entry?, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete