Thursday, January 29, 2009

An Icy World Part Two


Yesterday there was no more freezing rain, but the temperatures stayed cold and the ice stayed on the trees. In the afternoon I took some pictures. The sun tried to peek out from the clouds, and finally made it close to sundown.

A Spot Of Blue
A SPOT OF BLUE

Lace
ICE COVERED TREES

55
ICY SPEED LIMIT

Icy Rails 2
ICE ON THE TRACKS

Cold Cox Lake
COX LAKE

Icy Sunset
ICY SUNSET

-------------------------------------------------

I am very involved in my local Relay For Life. You can view my Relay For Life Blog here.

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful world you live in! Amazing! But also pretty destructive...
    Hope it warms up soon. I would love to send you some of our heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr! I am really counting my blessings this morning after seeing these photos and reading about all the power outages in Kentucky and elsewhere.

    Praying that you stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice can be so pretty, like living in a crystal world. Pretty photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beatiful photos! They made me a bit homesick for Georgia. We don't get ice storms here in metro-Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely photos. The colouring is amazing! Great captures, Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freezing rain can be so dangerous but it does look very beautiful on the trees. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful!!!!! special the one at the Cox Lake! You must have got cold feet shooting these photos :)

    Sue's Daily Photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Love the sign! What lovely photos. I like the one along the track. I'm glad it is warming up there again and hope ours is on the way gone today also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard it's been a mess! My step mother still doesn't have power as far as I know (in clay country). I've got to call her in the a.m. It's lovely to look at though...I'm glad I'm getting to look at it through photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew...what a storm...but what lovely photos! Esp the lake!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete