Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Y Is For Yellow



It's time again for ABC Wednesday. If you aren't participating in ABC Wednesday, you are missing out on a lot of fun. This week the letter is Y. My post for today is a little lame, but It is what I came up with. Y is for yellow.

Warm Spiral
This photo was taken in a plantation home. This stairway was small and cramped compared to the grand stairway in the main part of the home. This stairway at the back of the house was for the servants. I was captivated by the warm yellow glow and the shapes.



1925 Studebaker
My Dad's 1925 Studebaker parked in front of the old restored Studebaker dealership building in Mena, Arkansas



Yolk
My family thinks that I take a lot of weird pictures. When I have my camera out, everything is fair game. As my wife was frying an egg, I just had to take a picture. Yeah, it is probably weird.



Chiquita
And you thought the last picture was weird!



Bluebonnet Swamp
This picture was taken at the Bluebonnet Swamp in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It is a beautiful bit of swamp in the city limits that has been turned into a park with a visitors center and boardwalk so you can walk through the swamp. It is beautiful year round, but especially in the fall.



Yellow Glory
A soft focus close up of a yellow flower



Belize Juice Box
In Belize, the inexpensive drinks are packaged in a plastic pouch. The yellow of the drink really draws you into this photo of a beautiful young school girl at the New Horizon SDA School in San Pedro, Belize



Wet Glow
A soft yellow tulip after a spring rain



Rod Run 35
I photographed this beautiful old Ford street rod at the Wilhelmina Rod Run in Mena, Arkansas.

I hope the "yellow" has warmed you a bit on this cold winter day.

34 comments:

  1. Your photos aren't weird at all. They're wonderful. And bright. And just what we need on a dull winter's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew there could be so many shades of yellow?

    I can see Daffy Duck in that fried egg picture, unless it's the profile of W. C. Fields.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous photos of yellow! And how did you manage to make that egg yoke look so perfect??? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great collection for the Y Day, Richard! Lots of beautiful Yellows! My family think I'm a bit weird as I run around taking pictures of everything these days, so I can definitely relate! Hope your new year is off to a great start! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely perfect pictures for the letter Y. Not weird at all. I'm forever taking what others think are strange pictures. It seems ABC Wednesday is always on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. especially love the old cars. no, I don't think it is weird.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellow is a bright, happy, cheerful colour! Great to start the new year with! I love that vintage car! Your photos are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant photos - not a weird one among 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job with the letter Y. I love your Dad's car. It's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious, beautiful yellow. I love the old cars.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's hear it for weird! Love the car too. And I just said I didn't like yellow on my blog. You have changed my mind. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have done yellow proud here, but that staircase wins with me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Richie! You did an absolutely incredible job rounding up yellow pictures for the letter y. You shone : ) Wishing you all the very best in 2011. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, beautiful shots! The egg is certainly my favorite with the brilliant blue in the background. (Say that three times fast!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOH! I really like that YELLOW Studebaker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a great collection of Yellow photos but that walk in the swamp is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent work...you just gave me an idea for my blog....! Excellent photography...that egg frying looks so delicious...Was this really your Dad's car?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You do have a number of items for yellow today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific captures... brightens up my day.
    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the egg photo is my favority, Richard. Go figure... :)

    Happy to see you back on your blog. Happy New Year, my old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sa-weet! Love all the yellows. That tulip is sublime.

    And yes, you are a weirdo. We run in packs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How beautiful, I loved your choices for this set of yellow moments there!
    hugs
    Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for commenting on my entry. Haha, you, too, chose "yellow". Yes, your yellow warmed me up!
    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.
    "Y"oshi from Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did get in a lot of Yellow's!! I liked the Yellow swamp place besides the old Ford and the Studebaker.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful "Y" photos, Richard. That '25 Studebaker is gorgeous! Your other "Y" choices are great. You should wander around with a camera more often!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never liked yellow much until I looked at your post. Very cool.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good heavens! Nothing lame at all in this post of yours! Yellow is a fine Y word, and if you are weird, I am certifiable! That's a sweet soft macro of a hibiscus, here known as gumamela, a flower I've just recently fallen in love with although I've seen it here in Asia for a quarter of a century!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Who can resist yellow:-), a great variety of photos. I can never resist a board-walk and having probably seen more than a few films set in southern swamps, that would be a perfect day out; after breakfasting on that tempting fried egg and possibly with a chiquita banana for a mid day snack.

    ReplyDelete
  29. 1925 Studebaker - impressive car. i like the last pic most though

    ReplyDelete
  30. These photos were beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Talk about a great collection of yellow. You've got it. The swamp photo in particular is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the yellow spiral staircase - and the Studebaker, too! I certainly do feel warmer, especially as skies here are blue right now!

    ReplyDelete