Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm So Sleepy


I'm so sleepy yeah
I'm so sleepy yeah
I could lay my head
On a piece of lead
And imagine that
It was a springy bed
Cause I'm sleepy, sleepy
Yeah

As I was working late one night this week, this old Cat Stevens song kept going through my mind. I don't ever remember being as tired as I have been these last few weeks. Since a F3 tornado devastated Mena on the 9th of April I have been busier than I have ever been in my life. During the last four weeks I have installed over 175 pieces of Auto Glass. My life has consisted of going to work early in the morning and coming home late at night, showering, and crawling into bed, just to do it all again the next day. I think that I will soon be able to work more normal hours.

One of the disadvantages of working so many hours is that it leaves no time for blogging. Hopefully I will be able to take time to blog.

Last weekend we took time away from Mena to go to Keene, Texas to attend Graduation at Southwestern Adventist University. Gavin's girlfriend, Rachel, graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.A. in English. She had the biggest smile of any graduate.

Rachel's Graduation 2

Gavin and Rachel look great together. They looked very happy all weekend. We had a great time visiting with Rachel and her family. We were invited to their home for a great meal following the worship service, and we all went out to eat at Olive Garden following graduation.

Rachel's Graduation 3

Rachel's Graduation 5

Also graduating were Gavin's friends Roxie and Luis. We try to spend some time with Roxie and Luis when we are visiting in Keene.

Roxie and Luis

Gavin has been friends with Luis for as long as he has been at Southwestern.

Luis and Gavin

It's time to go to bed and get some rest.

I'm so sleepy yeah
I'm so sleepy yeah
I could lay my head
On a piece of lead
And imagine that
It was a springy bed
Cause I'm sleepy, sleepy
Yeah

6 comments:

  1. Wow the destructions by the storm is terrible. Saw your earlier posts of the damage. Glad you are safe.

    Those must be the happiest moments of the graduates. My son is graduating end of the month from his polytechnic and will be going to the University after serving 2 years of national service (compulsory for boys over here.) Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get some relief soon! Sounds like some stressful weeks!
    Don´t forget to take a little time for your wife tomorrow... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been missing you, but knew you were very, very busy!

    I'm glad you were able to take a break for the graduation. Those are happy looking young folks.

    It rained here again last night, but not so much, about a half-inch. Thunderstorm rolled through about 3 this morning.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and the folks in Mena as the cleanup continues. Folks Missouri and Kansas, in particular, also need our prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope you are able to get so rest soon!!! You are so creative, and a wonderful blogger even when you are "so sleepy..." Blessings to you and your wonderful family! ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice you were able to get away. I really enjoyed my time in Keene. It is such a great place, filled with a lot of great people. I am not so sure about Gavin though... j/k. Those are some great shots of he and Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. It's nice to find another Arkansas blogger. I hope you don't mind another Betty in your comments section. Hope you get some sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete