Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Yellow


Y is for yellow.  I love taking photos.  Here are a few that focus on the color yellow.

Warm Spiral
This photo was taken in a plantation home. This stairway was small and cramped compared to the grand stairway in the main part of the home. This stairway at the back of the house was for the slaves. I was captivated by the warm yellow glow and the shapes.


1925 Studebaker
My Dad's 1925 Studebaker parked in front of the old restored Studebaker dealership building in Mena, Arkansas


Yolk
My family thinks that I take a lot of weird pictures. When I have my camera out, everything is fair game. As my wife was frying an egg, I just had to take a picture. Yeah, it is probably weird.


Chiquita
And you thought the last picture was weird!


Bluebonnet Swamp
This picture was taken at the Bluebonnet Swamp in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It is a beautiful bit of swamp in the city limits that has been turned into a park with a visitors center and boardwalk so you can walk through the swamp. It is beautiful year round, but especially in the fall.


Yellow Glory
A soft focus close up of a yellow flower


Belize Juice Box
In Belize, the inexpensive drinks are packaged in a plastic pouch. The yellow of the drink really draws you into this photo of a beautiful young school girl at the New Horizon SDA School in San Pedro, Belize.


Wet Glow
A soft yellow tulip after a spring rain.


Rod Run 35
I photographed this beautiful old Ford street rod at the Wilhelmina Rod Run in Mena, Arkansas.


The ABC Wednesday Meme is a fun way to see some great blogs.

12 comments:

  1. Aw heck...you're weird, I'm weird, we're all weird in my world! LOL These are great shots and you never know - they might just surprise your wife one day and win some awards!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be weird, but I love the egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one pic is eggcellent!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great series! the swamp in autumn colors is beautiful. my family and friend also find it weird that i take photos of everything and everyone.:p i always tell them, "you will thank me later!". LOL

    ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a boardwalk over wetland and that swamp looks magical. Love the macro. I used to collect fruit labels as a kid, that may be on the list of weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must have been a bright and yellow day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your yellow shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos!
    Happy Wednesday!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Richie, I love all of the yellows, such variety in color and subject matter. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just flicking through your pictures, I wondered how they could call it Bluebonnet Swamp with all that yellow? I'm sure there is a good reason, but I'm not even sure what a Bluebonnet is. Love the color yellow -- the color of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Y post...I really like the egg yolk picture! I suppose those eggs will end up scrambled:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful colour and great choice for Y, Richies!
    Wil, ABCW Team.

    ReplyDelete