Monday, May 9, 2011

Q Is For Question


It's time again for ABC Wednesday. If you aren't participating in ABC Wednesday, you are missing out on a lot of fun.

This week the letter is Q. Q is for question. One of my favorite albums from my youth is the Moody Blues album, A Question of Balance, released in 1970. Though it was their fifth album, it was the first time that The Moody Blues used political strife as a basis for songwriting. The song "Question", dealt with the controversy resulting from the ongoing Vietnam War. The album reached #1 in the UK and #3 in the U.S.

The Moody Blues 5

Last week I attended the Moody Blues concert at the Brady Theater in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I had purchased the tickets last November the day that they went on sale. I was fortunate to be able to get seats in the third row. Being that close to the stage made for great photo opportunities.

John Lodge 2

Justin Hayward 4

The Moodies put on a great show. I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. The band payed songs from every phase of their career, from the 60's through the 90's. One of my favorite lines was from Graeme Edge when he was talking about having turned 70. He said, "the great thing about turning 70 is that I've lived through the 60's twice".

IMG_6876a

The song "Question" was a real crowd favorite, and everyone seemed to know the words.

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door?
With a thousand million questions
About hate and death and war.

Cause when we stop and look around us
There is nothing that we need.
In a world of persecution
That is burning in it's greed.

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door?
Because the truth is hard to swallow
That's what the war of love is for.

Justin Hayward 3

IMG_6408a

The Moody Blues 2

IMG_6647a

If I ever have another chance to see the Moody Blues in concert I will definitely go again. It was the most fun I have ever had at a concert.

The Moody Blues

12 comments:

  1. What great MB images! And, how lucky that you had the wisdom to buy your tickets early and got such great seats. Their music is awesome and no doubt, "Question" is a thought provoking song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the song in my mind; even thought of using it for the meme.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to everything Paula has written!! I love the group and their music is awesome! How fun for you! So glad you bought your tickets early! Have a great week!

    Sylvia
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and brilliant lyrics of the song "Questions". I like that song, because it's anti war. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I have never gotten seats that close it must have been an absolute blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love The Moody Blues. Photography isn't usually allowed at concerts so lucky you!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the last photo of Justin and John together they came to the edge of the stage directly in front of me and John looked directly at me as I shot the photo. On other occasions I saw him hamming it up for fans with camera. The Moodies are awesomely fan friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some great pix; congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. They have been around for Quite a while. It's always fun to listen to them, and to see them in concert is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know this group, but they are also not getting younger just like the Rolling stones, all grandpas from our generation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your shots are fabulous! Love the Moody Blues too;o)
    Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my place and taking the time to comment;o)

    ***
    Hope you are having a nice and happy week****

    ReplyDelete
  12. I figure it's a good thing to rock until you drop.

    ReplyDelete