Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday

Stina and I
STINA AND I CELEBRATE OUR BIRTHDAYS

Saturday was my birthday, and it was a happy one. I'm not quite sure how many birthdays I have had, but I do remember Eisenhower being president when I was born. I actually started celebrating my birthday on Thursday. Our American Cancer Society Community Representative. Stina Brown, had a birthday this week; so Gina brought a birthday cake to the Relay For Life meeting Thursday evening and we celebrated our birthdays there.

Saturday morning I woke to a beautiful warm spring day. We attended church and had had a wonderful time worshiping with our church family. It was my week to present the sermon. My sermon title was "The World Needs More Spice". You can read a short version of the sermon in my blog titled "Spice"

After the church service, we were invited to our friend Deanna's house for birthday dinner. Since I had already had a birthday cake, Gina had made a Birthday Apple Pie for the occasion. The meal and the pie were delicious. It was such lovely weather that we wanted to enjoy the out of doors. In Deanna's back yard I spotted a Robin taking a bath. Here is a short video of Mr. Robin enjoying his bath.


ROBIN TAKES A BATH

Since it was such a beautiful day, we wanted to get some fresh air. We went to check out a piece of property that Deanna owns in the mountains near Boardcamp. Her acreage includes the mountain top and has some spectacular views.

Road Less Traveled
ROAD ON DEANNA'S PROPERTY

Big Sky
BIG SKY

What A View
VIEWS FROM THE MOUNTAINTOP

The warmer weather and the trees budding out are really lifting my spirits. I am ready for Spring. Getting to be out in nature and enjoy the beginning of Spring was a wonderful birthday present. We took a walk and saw many beautiful things.

Pear Blossoms
BLOSSOMS

Weathered
WEATHERED LOG

Amber Field
AMBER FIELD

Gina really enjoyed walking with Cowboy, Deanna's dog. Cowboy is great to take a walk with. He stays right with you and never strays. You can tell that he enjoys the walk with every fiber of his being.

Gina and Cowboy 2
GINA AND COWBOY

One of the highlights of my day was when my daughter Cynda called. After we had talked a bit, She put my three year old grand-daughter Autumn on the phone. Autumn said, "Happy Birthday Papa", and then she continued "I want to talk to Grandma". It is hard to compete with a Grandma!

Autumn's Desk
AUTUMN'S FIRST DAY OF PRE-SCHOOL

I had a very pleasant birthday, and the best thing is that it will be 365 days before I get another year older.

10 comments:

  1. A belated "Happy Birthday" to you, Richard! I can tell from looking at the photos of the beautiful places you visited that it was a good day, followed by the "icing on the cake" as it were -- the call from your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you birthday wishes on "facebook". And wonder if I should have done so, after seeing a story on "facebook" on Swiss TV last night. Indicating how "dangerous" this social network is, claiming that some "Big Brother" is wathing you. Now, I am extreeeeeeemely worried. Because now they know that some Swiss guy sent wishes to an Arkie. What a catastrophe.

    Happy Birthday again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmn birthday apple pie sounds wonderful! It sounds like you had a good birthday weekend. Your pictures are lovely and I really liked Mr Robin taking a bath.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, I haven't been back here for a long time, and I've missed your lovely photos. I like the smiles, the faces, the colors on your outdoor photos...and I wish you a belated birthday. The cake sure looks good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry I missed your birthday this day... I am wishing you a happy belated birthday!!
    Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. And a belated "happy birthday" from me also. Here is an EPA-approved version of the birthday song, one suitable for singing while watching a robin bathe or climbing to the top of a mountain:

    Hippo birdie two ewe,
    Hippo birdie two ewe,
    Hippo birdie deer RICHIEEEEEEEE,
    Hippo birdie two ewe.

    ReplyDelete