Sunday, February 28, 2016

Rambler American at the Cossatot River


A few weeks ago I purchased a 1960 Rambler American. I love these little cars and their simplicity. The car hadn't been driven for many years. After some repairs; a new fuel pump, tie rod and water pump I was ready to take a drive. My first trip out of town was to Cossatot River State Park, which is eighty miles round trip.


My wife attended a dutch oven cooking class at the park. She had a great time. The class was taught by Park Interpreter Shelley Flanary who we have known since she was a little girl.




After a cold week, the day was warm and inviting.  The Cossatot River was beautiful. We hiked down to the river from the visitor's center.





From the visitors center we drove the unpaved roads to Cossatot Falls and on to Hwy 246. People were surprised to see the little Rambler driving out in these remote locations.








As I drove home through Hatfield, I stopped at the old Cities Service gas station to take a quick photo. The little Rambler seemed right at home there.


The Rambler's first trip was great with no problems at all. My only regret is that I never came across a Cadillac to race.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed. Look forward to your reporting on the next outing in that great little car.

    ReplyDelete